Simons Hall for Concerts, Parties or Meetings
Concert Rate: $225 for 3 hours
not-for-profit rate: $200 for 3 hours
Includes one hour of rehearsal time.
Equipment: Steinway Grand Piano, music stands, utilities (climate control and lights), washrooms, and kitchen for receptions
Deposit: $50 (refundable)
The Rockland Conservatory of Music will provide and schedule a piano tuner before the event. Renter will be responsible for the tuning fee, and will be billed directly by tuner.
Party Rate: $100 per hour
Musical Petting Zoo Children's Party: $300 for 2 hours
20 children max. (call for details)
Meeting Rate: depending on number of persons
Studios - Small and Large
Small Room Rate: $12 per hour
Seats: 4 (maximum)
Large Room Rate: $25 per hour
Equipment: piano, music stands, utilities (climate control and lights) and washrooms
Rules of Contract
- Payment for rental must be received in full and in advance, including the deposit.
- The deposit will be returned if no damage has been found upon inspection of the rooms rented.
- Your room reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the signed Room Rental Contract form and full payment with deposit.
- Cancellation with less than 48 hours notice will be charged the full rental value.
- Refreshments are limited to hallway areas, Simons Hall and front lobby.
- Smoking anywhere on the premises is strictly forbidden.
- No electrical appliances may be used without prior permission.
- Additional rehearsal times will require extra fees.
My parents first brought me to the Community Music School (now the Rockland Conservatory of Music) in 1968, when I was five years old, to begin violin lessons with founders Janet and Ed Simons. From that moment forward, the school became a focal point of all our lives. It was a warm, welcoming place full of creativity and fun and true community, where we made lifelong friends and were immersed in the beauty of great music.
The school's music-first philosophy eschewed stress and competition in favor of a positive, life-affirming experience for its students, and in fact my time there was wonderful enough that I pursued music as a career. I'm a professional violinist now specializing in 'klezmer', the traditional celebration music of East European Jewry, and I've toured the world and recorded on dozens of albums, collaborating with artists ranging from Itzhak Perlman to Led Zeppelin. Thank you Rockland Conservatory of Music!"
Alicia Svigals, RCM alumni 1968-?